Gluten & Dairy free, gut loving banana pancakes – how does that sound as a fabulous start to your day? I’ve taken the basic banana and egg combo for these tasty pancakes and added some extra gut healing ingredients – like collagen! Bananas are also a great source of prebiotics to help feed your healthy gut bacteria. These pancakes don’t even need added sugar or maple syrup – they’re sweet enough with the banana!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
1 medium banana
1 large egg
2 tablespoons collagen powder (non-gelatinized)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Sea salt, to taste
1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil (for frying)
½ cup berries, to garnish and to have on the side
1. In a high speed blender, add the bananas and eggs and blend until a batter consistency forms, about 30 seconds – 1 minute.
2. Add the collagen powder and sea salt, and blend for another 10 seconds to combine.
3. In a cast iron pan, or other non-toxic pan, turn the heat to medium high and add the coconut oil.
4. When oil is melted, add the desired amount of pancake batter in batches (about 3 inches in diameter) and cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until you see bubbles around the edges of the pancake*.
5. Carefully flip to the other side and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
6. Place stacked on a plate, and garnish with berries.
*Note: For more even cooking and less mess, cover the pan with a lid during the cooking process (checking often), and flip once bubbles form around the edges.
Nutritional Analysis per Serving: Protein (g) 19.49; Fat (g) 19.15; Carbs (g) 42.39; B12 (mcg) 0; Iron (mg) 1.62; Iodine (mcg) 27; Magnesium (mg) 53.82; Potassium (mg) 656.50; Selenium (mcg) 16.88; Sodium (mg) 678.33
Enjoy this recipe? You will love my new cookbook, Hashimoto’s Food Pharmacology: Nutrition Protocols and Healing Recipes to Take Charge of Your Thyroid Health, that’s filled with nutritious protocols and over 125 healing recipes to help you reclaim your health. Order your copy today.
Virginia Jenson says
Can I order this book through Amazon and use the receipt from there to qualify for the free bonuses? We have a prime membership which gives me free shipping.
Dr. Izabella Wentz says
Virginia – thank you so much for your interest in my new book! Yes you can! If you have any issues please feel free to email my team at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be happy to help you. <3
Lucie Maresova says
Hello, pls, in your book in 3rd programme you have autouimmune diet without eggs. In this recipe you have eggs thorough this is this recipe described as autoimmune?
How is it? Maybe I have wrong translate ( czech version) and eggs are ok.
Thank you for explain. Lucie
Dr. Izabella Wentz says
Lucie – thank you so much for sharing this with me! You are right, eggs are not allowed on the AIP diet. That is an error and I am having my team correct it. This recipe is Paleo not AIP. Thank you again for bringing it to my attention. <3