Gluten & Dairy free, gut loving banana pancakes – how does that sound as a fabulous start to your day? I’ve taken the basic banana and egg combo for these tasty pancakes and added some extra gut healing ingredients – like collagen! Bananas are also a great source of prebiotics to help feed your healthy gut bacteria. These pancakes don’t even need added sugar or maple syrup – they’re sweet enough with the banana!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
1 medium banana
1 large egg
2 tablespoons collagen powder (non-gelatinized)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Sea salt, to taste
1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil (for frying)
½ cup berries, to garnish and to have on the side
1. In a high speed blender, add the bananas and eggs and blend until a batter consistency forms, about 30 seconds – 1 minute.
2. Add the collagen powder and sea salt, and blend for another 10 seconds to combine.
3. In a cast iron pan, or other non-toxic pan, turn the heat to medium high and add the coconut oil.
4. When oil is melted, add the desired amount of pancake batter in batches (about 3 inches in diameter) and cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until you see bubbles around the edges of the pancake*.
5. Carefully flip to the other side and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
6. Place stacked on a plate, and garnish with berries.
*Note: For more even cooking and less mess, cover the pan with a lid during the cooking process (checking often), and flip once bubbles form around the edges.
Nutritional Analysis per Serving: Protein (g) 19.49; Fat (g) 19.15; Carbs (g) 42.39; B12 (mcg) 0; Iron (mg) 1.62; Iodine (mcg) 27; Magnesium (mg) 53.82; Potassium (mg) 656.50; Selenium (mcg) 16.88; Sodium (mg) 678.33
Enjoy this recipe? You will love my new cookbook, Hashimoto’s Food Pharmacology: Nutrition Protocols and Healing Recipes to Take Charge of Your Thyroid Health, that’s filled with nutritious protocols and over 125 healing recipes to help you reclaim your health. Pre-order your copy today.