These muffins are not only delicious but gluten-free, sugar-free, can stabilize your blood sugar and filled with antioxidants!
- 1 & 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup flax seed flour (optional)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 eggs*
- 3 ripe mashed bananas
- Optional-may choose to add one or more of the following
- 1/2 cup shaved coconut
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder + 1/4 cup honey
- Mix all ingredients
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until tops of muffins are lightly browned, one hour if baking banana bread.
*If avoiding eggs: replace 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar for each egg
Want more recipes? download my free starter guide on thyroid and Hashimoto’s.