Update as of December 2020: At present time, Dr. Wentz has limited availability and is not accepting new clients. If you would like to be notified of any future opportunities, you can sign up for her waiting list here.
In the meantime, we have put together a few resources that may help you in finding a practitioner:
Clinician and Practitioner Database – The list of names in this database represent practitioners who have shown an interest in Dr. Wentz’s Root Cause approach to Hashimoto’s. However, you will still need to be your own advocate in asking the right questions to find someone who will be a good fit for you.
Here are some questions to ask your practitioner to see if they are a good fit for you:
- Do they prescribe hypoallergenic thyroid hormones like Tirosint, compounded thyroid medications, or natural desiccated thyroid medications (NDTs like Armour Thyroid, Nature-Throid, WP Thyroid, NP Thyroid and others)?
- Do they have experience with prescribing low-dose naltrexone (LDN)?
- Do they order a full thyroid panel that includes TSH, Free T4, Free T3, TPO/Tg antibodies, or just the TSH test?
- Do they have accounts with functional medicine lab companies like Ulta Labs, Direct Labs (GI-MAP test for gut infections), My Med Labs (food sensitivity testing), or ZRT Laboratory (Adrenal Stress Profile) so they can help you dig for hidden root causes?
- Can they order food sensitivity tests?
We also recommend searching the Institute of Functional Medicine’s practitioner database, where you can search world-wide for healthcare advocates who are experienced in functional medicine. ZRT Laboratory offers a practitioner database as well.
If you are having trouble locating a practitioner in your area, be sure to ask if they offer virtual appointments as well! Telemedicine allows you to work with a functional doctor remotely, via Skype, Zoom, Google Meet, or other video conferencing applications, so you can work with a practitioner who is a good fit for you, but may not be located in your area.
You may want to check our list of compounding pharmacies, to find a pharmacist who will compound your thyroid medications for you as well.
The Thyroid Pharmacist Consulting team can work with you in reaching your health goals through convenient phone or video conference appointments, including:
- Comprehensive case reviews for people with Hashimoto’s – to uncover triggers and identify ways to improve health.
- Medication reviews to uncover medication-related problems and to help with optimizing medications.
- Lab interpretations for adrenal, gut, thyroid, and nutrient tests, so that you understand the next steps you need to take.
- Nutrition coaching and helping to identify the optimal diet for your body’s current needs.
- Lifestyle recommendations to reduce thyroid and autoimmune symptoms.
- Supplement recommendations to complement lifestyle changes and accelerate health improvements.
Please note, as a pharmacist, Dr. Wentz does not diagnose and does not prescribe medications. Any medication/diagnosis related problems that are uncovered during your consultation should be discussed with your treating physician.
SIGN UP FOR THE WAITING LIST
MEET DR. IZABELLA WENTZ
IZABELLA WENTZ, PHARMD
Dr. Izabella Wentz, PharmD, FASCP is a pharmacist who has dedicated herself to addressing the root causes of autoimmune thyroid disease after being diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis in 2009. She is a leading expert in Hashimoto’s, the author of the New York Times best-selling patient guide “Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis” Lifestyle Interventions for Finding and Treating the Root Cause” and a co-producer of the Hashimoto’s Institute, an educational outreach dedicated to optimizing the treatment of Hashimoto’s.
She is a Fellow of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists, a 2013 recipient of the Illinois Pharmacists Association Excellence in Innovation Award, and a New York Times bestselling author. Dr. Wentz has been trained in functional medicine through the Institute of Functional Medicine, American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, the Kalish Institute and has performed her own unpublished research with autoimmune thyroid patients. She is certified in Medication Therapy Management and Advanced Diabetes Care through the American Pharmacists Association. She is a co-founder of the Hashimoto’s Institute and frequently lectures on the subject of Hashimoto’s.
Dr. Izabella is truly passionate about helping people with Hashimoto’s! She also loves small fluffy dogs, yoga, hiking, fashion and throwing out random witty sayings whenever she can get away with it.
Dr. Izabella Wentz offers the following consultations:
- Thyroid Case Review: Review of history, 50-minute consult
- Follow-up: 50 minute consult
Consultant pharmacists adhere to licensing regulations and ethics regarding client confidentiality and will not share personal identifiable health care information about our work without your written permission.
Consultant pharmacists will work within the scope of their licensing to provide wellness coaching on; medication management, lifestyle changes, nutrition, supplement recommendation, lab testing, and lab interpretation. Consultant pharmacists do not provide diagnostic services and do not prescribe or dispense medications. Furthermore, psychotherapy and trauma based therapy is outside of the scope of services provided by consultant pharmacists.
Thyroid Pharmacist Consulting services are not indented for acute or life threatening situations. Consulting services do not replace the advice of a licensed physician, and all clients should be working with a primary care physician. If you are in need of urgent medical care, please go to your local emergency room, urgent care or call 911.
Thyroid Pharmacist Consulting – A Mission Driven Team That Cares About Your Health
Our knowledgeable staff is here to help. You will see lots of useful information here on the site to help you with your decision-making processes, including descriptions of each of our products and services, and a Help Center for FAQs. BUT… know that we are here to help if you need more! Our entire team’s commitment is to help you take your health into your own hands!
Due to the fees we incur after a test kit is sent, we are unable to offer returns or exchanges on test kits.
Third-party labs are processed separately from us by a third-party vendor, and we do not assume responsibility for these services or related refunds, returns, or exchanges.
Appointments canceled within 30 days of scheduling may be refunded at no charge. Refunds exceeding 30 days of the purchase date will require approval, and processing fees will apply.
Refunds will not be issued for appointments canceled less than 24 hours in advance.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for refund authorization.